Shape Divider - Style waves
Fees & Insurance
Unfortunately, the US health care system is not well designed. It is built around private insurance companies which have a tendency to generate bureaucratic obstacles to treatment rather than maximize long-term patient care, particularly in the area of mental health. Consequently, like many private psychiatry practices, Apraku Psychiatry does not participate in insurance networks.
If you would like to use your insurance benefits, we can provide a "superbill" to patients on request. Signed by the doctor, this document contains details regarding diagnosis and treatment. Certain insurance plans (e.g. PPOs) will accept such documentation in support of claims for out-of-network benefits. To check your plan provides such benefits, quote the following CPT codes to your insurance carrier:
- initial evaluations: 99204 & 90838,
- follow-ups: 99214 & 90833.
Alternatively, in certain cases, we may be able to bill your insurance carrier directly. To verify whether this may be possible, please contact us before scheduling your first appointment with the following details: your full name, date of birth, address, insurance name and member ID number.
We ask that new patients provide valid payment details when booking their first appointment. All major cards, including HSA/FSA cards, are accepted. Payment details are vaulted securely by our payments processor: we do not hold them directly.
Your payment method will be pre-authorized in advance of each appointment and charged afterwards as follows:
- For a 75-minute initial evaluation, we charge $450.
- Regular follow-up appointments with established patients last half an hour and cost $220.
- Where relevant: dedicated therapy sessions last 50 minutes and cost $290. Note that this appointment type is only available by prior agreement with your doctor; a special scheduling link is required to book these sessions.
- Our practice policies provide for a 50% charge in case of late cancellation or no-show (including when the patient is not physically located in the state listed on the intake form).
We understand that this page contains a lot of information that may be hard to digest. The practice is committed to expanding access to mental health care, and we encourage you to get in touch by email before scheduling your first appointment to discuss any concerns you may have about insurance and fees.