Shape Divider - Style waves
Fees & Insurance
Unfortunately, the US health care system is not well designed. It is built around private insurance companies which have a tendency to generate bureaucratic obstacles to treatment rather than maximize long-term patient care, particularly in the area of mental health. Consequently, like many private psychiatry practices, Apraku Psychiatry does not participate in insurance networks or bill carriers directly.
Instead, we provide a "superbill" to patients on request. Signed by the doctor, this document contains details regarding diagnosis and treatment. Certain insurance plans (e.g. PPOs) will accept such documentation in support of claims for out-of-network benefits. To check your plan provides such benefits, quote the following CPT codes to your insurance carrier:
- initial evaluations: 99204 & 90838,
- follow-ups: 99214 & 90833.
We ask that new patients provide valid payment details when booking their first appointment. All major cards, including HSA/FSA cards, are accepted. Payment details are vaulted securely by our payments processor: we do not hold them directly.
Your payment method will be pre-authorized in advance of each appointment and charged afterwards as follows:
- For a 75-minute initial evaluation, we charge $450.
- Follow-up appointments with established patients last half an hour and cost $180.
- Our practice policies provide for a 50% charge in case of late cancellation or no-show (including when the patient is not physically located in the state listed on the intake form).